Thursday, December 22, 2005

Idiot Senator

This submission will be mercifully short, because it's about the intelligence of one of my state's senators, Rick Santorum. The man is painfully stupid, as was evident by his appearance on today's Sean Hannity radio show.

The only thing that I can say that is positive about Santorum is that he is now 16 points down to Democratic challenger Bob Casey. And Casey hasn't even begun campaigning, while Santorum has been running a bunch of ads for over a month.

Santorum is telegenic, but so was Michael Huffington, the former CA senatorial candidate (and former husband of Arianna Huffington). Both are, what they say down in TX, "all hat and no cattle."

I can't wait for a debate between the two, though I am afraid that Casey will beat Santorum so badly that maybe voters will feel sorry for Santorum. Unlikely, but this is a state that right now shows Lynn Swann running only 4 points behind Gov. Ed Rendell. Swann's major political claim to fame is that he was a great Pittsburgh Steeler receiver. I guess he is trying to be PA's version of J.C. Watts.

I have to say that I moved to an interesting state politically. Now, if they could just do something about finishing repairing the highways ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home